Forums » Help & Troubleshooting

How can I track clicks on components that are loaded asynchronously?

My website is like a dashboard with many components that load via AJAX. I want to track clicks on links inside these components but the clicky code seems to initialize before these components load and then ignores those clicks. But I don't want to wait for all components to load to start tracking since some may take a while. Is there anyway to reinitialize getclicky every time a component loads so it sees the asynchronously loaded in component?

My specific situation is that I pull in a list of S3 downloads. It looks like getclicky doesn't track these so I added in class="clicky_log_download" to the links but it does not see them because of the situation I am describing above

Posted Wed Aug 24 2011 12:37p by elton***

The tracking code only looks for outbound links and manually declared classes when it first executes, so if you add stuff later, it won't pick it up.

What you need to do is use the clicky.log() function within those links, which will work.

<a onclick="clicky.log( this.href, this.innerHTML, 'download' );" href="...">

That should work!

Posted Thu Aug 25 2011 3:34p by Your Friendly Clicky Admin

As the tempareture inceasing hot day after day, and the step of summer vocation is just around the corner, what plan do you made for your vivid summer?Swimming in the sea and hang about in the sand beach is a common plan year by year and one by one. Maybe you can travel around the ice island or going to an icy palace to enjoy with all your heart with different scenery. Or you can stay at home to participate in Diablo III. It is very popular at the moment and Diablo series is a legend. What do you think about? [b][url=http://www.diablo3buygold.com]Buy Diablo 3 Gold[/url][/b]

Posted Fri Jun 15 2012 3:39a by ***

As the tempareture inceasing hot day after day, and the step of summer vocation is just around the corner, what plan do you made for your vivid summer?Swimming in the sea and hang about in the sand beach is a common plan year by year and one by one. Maybe you can travel around the ice island or going to an icy palace to enjoy with all your heart with different scenery. Or you can stay at home to participate in Diablo III. It is very popular at the moment and Diablo series is a legend. What do you think about? [b][url=http://www.diablo3buygold.com]Buy Diablo 3 Gold[/url][/b]

Posted Fri Jun 15 2012 3:46a by ***

You must be logged in to your account to post!